Author Topic: Lots of Tank Cars parallel to Cortland, on either side of river.  (Read 2116 times)

beto

• View Profile
Last Thursday (Aug 3), I saw a handful of cars on the Elston bridge, and at least 9 tank cars stretching from Lakin & Sons (1345 W Cortland) westwards towards the swing bridge.  Cars on Cortland hadn't moved 96hrs later, but I don't know about the Elston cars. I have a picture, but it doesn't "conform" to this site's 500KB limit.

GM

• View Profile
Re: Lots of Tank Cars parallel to Cortland, on either side of river.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 03:34:52 PM »
THey seem to be storing unused tank cars to get revenue. I've seen the storage up by their industrial trackage they service out by O'Hare off of York Rd.
GM

TBurke

• View Profile
Re: Lots of Tank Cars parallel to Cortland, on either side of river.
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 11:26:17 PM »
Last Thursday (Aug 3), I saw a handful of cars on the Elston bridge, and at least 9 tank cars stretching from Lakin & Sons (1345 W Cortland) westwards towards the swing bridge.  Cars on Cortland hadn't moved 96hrs later, but I don't know about the Elston cars. I have a picture, but it doesn't "conform" to this site's 500KB limit.

Can you post them on Flickr then put the links here?  Or email them to webmaster Tom Mann to post on the site as fresh content.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 01:46:39 PM by TBurke »