Author Topic: Rumors of Iowa Pacific Bankruptcy-Will it Impact Chicago Terminal Operations?  (Read 2463 times)

TBurke

• View Profile
I noticed this thread on another site about Iowa Pacific pulling out of its arrangements on short notice to operate the Hoosier passenger train and Amtrak picking it back up on March 1.  Amtrak will have to scramble to assemble the equipment and crews needed. 

http://indianarailroads.org/board/index.php?topic=19217.0

Someone mentions *rumors* about a bankruptcy filing and dire financial shape for IPH which is the parent of the Chicago Terminal operations in the thread. 

With just Sipi Metals still actively connected I suppose UP could easily pick up service to it for the one or two gondolas every couple of months it gets.  If cash is that tight then the bridge over the Chicago River will probably not be repaired-leaving General Iron still isolated.

What are the arrangements IHP has with CP and UP for their massive industrial park it switches under contract in Bensenville/Elk Grove Village?  I presume in the worst possible scenario-an IHP shutdown-CP or UP could take over until another shortline operator is approved.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 07:47:50 PM by TBurke »