Author Topic: Model Railroader to Feature Kingsbury Line Again  (Read 5821 times)

TBurke

• View Profile
Model Railroader to Feature Kingsbury Line Again
« on: May 03, 2010, 07:07:03 PM »
Are any of the contributors to this website going to be featuring their layouts in a future Model Railroader magazine article?  I was asked recently to contribute slides of trains operating on Kingsbury Street for an upcoming article on modeling the Kingsbury Line.  MR did not say whose layout will be used or if they are making one from scratch as a demonstration layout.

Looks like they will be using three of my photos from circa 1989-1990.

It will be the third time that the Kingsbury Line (aka C&E Line) will be featured in MR-April 1975 and May of 1998.

skytop35

• View Profile
    • http://members.aol.com/wdenton101/index.htm
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 09:41:37 PM »
Tom,

Actually it would be the 4th time, you missed January 1997! I\'ll be excited to see what they are up to.

Bill Denton
The Kingsbury Branch
Bill Denton
The Kingsbury Branch

haggar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 03:47:06 PM »
The Model Railroader article in question is in the new December issue.  It has a short article on an industrial switching layout based on the Milw/CTR line.  Did not get a chance to read it, was in the rush for work.  The cover feature is on Rod Stewart's layout.

Joe
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 02:46:25 PM by haggar »

TBurke

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 04:29:29 PM »
Joe:

Thanks for the heads-up.  It features a photo of mine from 1989 showing a Soo Line MP15 on Kingsbury Street at the Goose Island lead.

Tom